- IEC Capability DSEAR (Hazardous Area) Compliance
- Hazardous Area Legislation Introduction
- DSEAR Site Audit
- Area Classification and Risk Assessment
- BS EN 60079 Hazardous Area Electrical Inspections
- Post Inspection Support Services
- Non-Electrical Equipment Risk Assessments
- Explosion Protection Document
- Static Earthing Compliance
- Hazardous Area Training
- Complied Electrics DSEAR IT Management Tool
Hazardous Area Case Study 1
HSE Improvement Notice
A new client operating in a remote part of the country came to us in some desperation after a visit from the HSE. Successive changes of ownership had left the Chemical Manufacturing plant with minimal engineering support and there wasnt any local expertise to call on.
IEC followed up the HSE improvement notice, which concerned the hazardous area maintenance regime, and completed inspection work throughout the site. The site had been built to a good standard many years before, and it was well maintained, but records were poor and it was impossible to say when a particular item had last been inspected. We carried out Detailed and Close Grade hazardous area equipment inspections to the baseline set by the HSE. There were a number of remedial actions out on plant, which were largely attended to as we came across them by the site technicians. Gaps in the documentation records were completed by us as a separate exercise. They included a number of equipment risk assessments and missing intrinsically safe descriptive documents.
When the HSE revisited the site they were very happy with the outcome. Our client feels confident he can call on our expertise at any time to supplement his control/electrical needs.