- IEC Capability DSEAR (Hazardous Area) Compliance
- Hazardous Area Legislation Introduction
- DSEAR Site Audit
- Area Classification and Risk Assessment
- BS EN 60079 Hazardous Area Electrical Inspections
- Post Inspection Support Services
- Non-Electrical Equipment Risk Assessments
- Explosion Protection Document
- Static Earthing Compliance
- Hazardous Area Training
- Complied Electrics – DSEAR IT Management Tool
Hazardous Area Case Study 3 –
A national food manufacturing company had completed an area classification assessment for their dust hazardous areas but did not have the resource to complete the associated hazardous area equipment inspections. The installation predated ATEX and employed a variety of protection methods, mainly uncertified.
IEC completed the dust hazardous area equipment inspections and assisted the client with the range of non-conformances highlighted during the inspections. Some equipment had to be replaced but we were able to establish justification for retaining much of the rest, and this was formally documented in the accepted manner.
Our client was happy to see a way to compliance that did not entail wholesale replacement of equipment with certified equivalents. The costs and business disruption would have been prohibitive.