- IEC Capability DSEAR (Hazardous Area) Compliance
- Hazardous Area Legislation Introduction
- DSEAR Site Audit
- Area Classification and Risk Assessment
- BS EN 60079 Hazardous Area Electrical Inspections
- Post Inspection Support Services
- Non-Electrical Equipment Risk Assessments
- Explosion Protection Document
- Static Earthing Compliance
- Hazardous Area Training
- Complied Electrics – DSEAR IT Management Tool
Non-Electrical Equipment Risk Assessments
The ATEX Product directive 94/9/EC gives constructional requirements for non-electrical equipment and the ATEX Worker Protection Directive requires non-electrical equipment already installed to be assessed for its ignition capability.
Typical examples of existing non-electrical equipment that require risk assessment are solenoid valves, pumps, conveyor belts, hoists, gearboxes, brakes etc.
Inglewood Engineering Consultancy completes the site audit, inspection work and risk assessment reports to ensure the client Dutyholder meets his compliance duties in respect of non-electrical equipment.
The risk assessment process takes into account the nature of the zones that the equipment is positioned in, the properties of the dangerous substance, risk of ignition due to the type of non-electrical equipment and the guidance given in standards.
The equipment manufacturers’ technical specifications, drawings, operating information and any associated maintenance records (including records of any failures relating to the equipment concerned) are reviewed as part of the risk assessment.